Starting with the planning phase, you will be shown step-by-step how to design, launch and run your own game.
You don’t even need to know any programming languages – you will learn how to use pre-built tools and resources to get your game up and running without writing a single line of code!
You will learn how to:
- Create a game design document detailing every aspect of your game
- Design your game world and populate it with characters, items and quests
- Plan your game’s factions, races, classes, professions, mounts, shops and more
- Balance your game so that it is challenging but fun
- Implement a consistent game economy and keep it running smoothly
- Generate income from your game
- Maintain and grow your game after it launches
- Successfully market your game in order to attract new players
- Manage your growing community of players, keeping them happy and involved
- Deal with deviant or malicious players and handle hacks, bugs and exploits
- Outsource difficult programming or graphic design duties
A robust and thorough resources section is included which details every tool, website and program mentioned in the book. You will also find a treasure trove of other resources and indispensable tools not specifically mentioned in the book.